If you want your organization to be part of the global movement showing the impact and reach of all the world’s science centers and science museums, here are some ways to do so!
1. Find out if your regional network has a specific theme or initiative planned for the 2018 International Science Center and Science Museum Day (ISCSMD) on November 10. Click below to learn more about your region:
ASPAC—Asia Pacific Network of Science & Technology Centres
ASTC—Association of Science-Technology Centers
Ecsite—European network of science centres and museums
NAMES—North Africa and Middle East Science centers network
NCSM—National Council of Science Museums, Government of India
RedPOP—Red de popularización de la Ciencia y la Tecnología en América Latina y el Caribe
SAASTEC—Southern African Association of Science & Technology Centres
If you cannot find anything in your region, you can choose which of the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relate best to your existing exhibits and programs and highlight those. Click here to see examples of many ways that science centers and science museums—of all sizes and in all parts of the world—address the SDGs.
You can always highlight your inclusion activities that invite all people to learn about and participate in science and technology, which have multiple links with the 2018 theme of “Science as a Human Right.”
2. Watch the webinar, “ISCSMD Is for IMPACT: Best Practices and How to Join In” with case studies, reflections, and best practices shared by institutions of all sizes all around the world. They will help you and your team get ready for the one event that all the world’s science centers and museums work on together to change the world.
Webinar #1, with the ASPAC network, Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose, The Children’s Museum Jordan, Czech Republic Science Center Network, Glasgow Science Center, House of Experiments, The Mind Museum, and Science House
3. Define your own theme—something you already do and want your community to know more about, but will focus on in particular around November 10 as your part of ISCSMD.
4. Explore if joining this large, international action will help you find new partners in your community.
5. Visit the ISCSMD toolkit to find logos, communications templates, and other resources that can help you get ready for the event locally.
6. Confirm your participation and help show our collective impact by adding your organization to the interactive map of 2018 ISCSMD sites around the world.
7. Change the world!
If you have any questions, please email Walter Staveloz.