If you want your organization to be part of the global movement showing the impact and reach of all the world’s science centers and science museums, here are some ways to get started!
1. Find out if your regional network has a specific theme or initiative planned for the 2019 International Science Center and Science Museum Day (ISCSMD) on November 10. Click below to learn more about your region:
- Asia Pacific Network of Science & Technology Centres (ASPAC)
- Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC)
- European Network of Science Centres and Museums (Ecsite)
- North Africa and Middle East Science Centers Network (NAMES)
- National Council of Science Museums, Ministry of Culture, Government of India (NCSM)
- Red de popularización de la Ciencia y la Tecnología en América Latina y el Caribe (RedPOP)
- Southern African Association of Science & Technology Centres (SAASTEC)
- Canadian Association of Science Centres (CASC)
2. Watch the two-part 2018 webinar, “ISCSMD Is for IMPACT: Best Practices and How to Join In” with case studies, reflections, and best practices shared by institutions of all sizes all around the world including: the Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose, The Children’s Museum Jordan, Czech Republic Science Center Network, Glasgow Science Center, House of Experiments, The Mind Museum, and Science House. They will help you and your team get ready for the one event that all the world’s science centers and museums work on together to change the world. New 2019 webinar coming soon.
3. Make the day your own by highlighting how the SDGs connect with your existing exhibits and programs and want your community to know more about. Click here to see examples of many ways that science centers and science museums—of all sizes and in all parts of the world—address the SDGs. You can also emphasize your inclusion activities that invite all people to participate in science and technology.
4. Explore how joining this large, international action will help you find new partners in your community.
5. Visit the ISCSMD toolkit to find logos, communications templates, and other resources that can help you get ready for the event locally.
6. Change the world!
If you have any questions, please email Walter Staveloz.